Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Day ✨ E i g h t e e n - T w e n t y

 

It's unbelievable that we are already on Day 19! It's crazy how fast time flies. For this day I chose DARE. I felt quite strange saying "I enjoy you" because I never once used these exact words to express my love to someone. I also have never heard anyone say these words as well. It was strange. 😂  But I did it and spent the day expressing my love to all those around me that I love and appreciate! So to my folks, husband, and siblings, "I enjoy you!"


For day 20, I chose TRUTH! I picked the song "Bye bye" by Mariah Carey. I've thought about a classmate of mine that died the night we graduated. This song played at her memorial and stuck with me all these years. I still can't hear this song without getting choked up.


Lyrics:

This is for my people's who just lost somebody
Your best friend, your baby, your man or your lady
Put you hand way up high
You will never say bye
(No no no)
Momma's, daddy's, sister's, brother's
Friends, and cousins
This is for my people's who lost their grandmothers
Lift your head up to the sky
'Cause we will never say bye
As a child, there were them times
I didn't get it, but you kept me in line
I didn't know why
You didn't show up sometimes
On Sunday mornings
And I missed you, but what we talked through
All them grown folk things, separation brings
You never let me know it, you never let it show
Because you loved me enormously
And so much more then to say
If you were with me today
Face to face
I never knew I can hurt like this
And everyday life goes on like
I wish I can talk to you for a while
Wish you but try not to cry
As time goes bye
And I'm sure you reached a better place
And still I'd give
The world to see your face
Me right here, next to you
But it's like your gone too soon
Now the hardest thing to do is say
Bye, bye
Bye-bye bye-bye bye-bye
Bye-bye bye-bye bye-bye
Bye-bye bye-bye bye-bye, bye-bye



* skipped day 18 purposefully. I did Truth and told my accountability partner. It was very truthful and not something I feel comfortable sharing on my blog. Maybe some other time. 🤗

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moto

Moto