
After having a baby, you will hear the words "skin to skin" A LOT. It is highly recommended at the hospital. And for babies like mine that love to be held constantly, sometimes, skin to skin can seem like too much of a burden. But thankfully we are living in a high tech society that thinks up anything and EVERYTHING for babies!
There are a few products out there that were created to help promote skin to skin contact. Two of which I have found and purchased at Babies R us to give them a try.
1. Moby wrap
Retails at $44 and, in my opinion, is way to much work! It comes in a very long, thick piece of fabric. If you get hot like me, this wrap is not for you. It also takes way to many steps to get it on completely right. You have to wrap it around your body, tucking in here and tying over there. And I struggled a bit to get my daughter inside correctly so I needed an extra set of hands. It was just too much work so I returned it and bought the Nuroo pocket instead.
Here are the step by step instructions for the wrap:
2. Nuroo Pocket
Retails a bit more pricier than the moby at $ 59.99. I love this product much better. It is an actual shirt with Velcro closures and a kangaroo pocket on the inside where you place your baby. It's much easier to get on and off and to maneuver your child inside independently. It's less thicker than the moby as well. The only down fall to me is that it's long sleeves so that makes me kind of hot. I'm thinking if it's a problem, I will just snip off the sleeves. Lol
Here are the step by step instructions:
And the finished product:
These products are handy to provide the skin to skin for a bonding experience and promotes nursing as well as keeps your hands free to be able to do other things at the same time.
I give the Nuroo two thumbs up! :-)
Give either a try and let me know what you think.




No comments:
Post a Comment