I would give this book 5 stars! It truly opened my eyes on so many levels. When you mention discipline to the average American, they automatically think of abuse, or hitting your child. Although to successfully train a child, a spanking may be necessary to make the child see that the parent means business. But what I love about this book is that it teaches the difference between disciplining your child and punishing your child. Its a great lesson every American needs to learn. The key point I got from my reading was that you can't have one, without the other. And the greatest part is, with time, your child will learn and grow to respect you so much, that it will lessen your need for punishment. Wouldn't that be can awesome world to live in!
I have read a few controversial issues surrounding the book such as parents heeding to the words of the Pearls and beating and abusing their children to the point of death! I have read the book, and I didn't get that insight at all. In one chapter they even discuss not to punish while angry and do things to spitefully harm them. So I'm not sure where these parents read that its ok to starve or beat their child to a pulp. Some parents are just strange and like to point the finger to someone else when they are the one to blame. Even if a book said it is ok to murder your child, wouldn't that be the parents fault for actually being dumb enough to do it? Don't blame the book, blame the parent, mentally, they need help. So don't let that controversy scare you from reading it yourself. Read it and tell me what you thought of it. I have a lot of highlighted parts that have inspired me tremendously. The main point the Pearls try to get across to be successful parents of well obedient children is to have control (over you emotions), consistency, commitment, and love. All powerful things that I can't fathom anyone can misconstrue.

I look at parenting to a whole different light and am so eager to meet my precious Jules and see her grow up to a beautiful and humble obedient woman of God.
XoXo
Rebecca

No comments:
Post a Comment