Friday, March 28, 2014

The Countdown Begins



I have finally reached 30 weeks of pregnancy and man does it feel like the past 10 weeks was so long. Not complaining though, I've felt my best these past few weeks. My first trimester wasn't a steady one. Although I didn't have any vomiting like some women, I was nauseous ALL the time. At times, I wanted to just stick my fingers in my mouth so I can just vomit and see if I'd feel better. I also battled with some type of infection towards the end of my first and beginning of my second trimesters. I literally felt like death! I had back pain that was the MOST unexplainable pain ever. I also had cramps so bad, it was almost as bad as my menstraul cramps. And all it took was the power of prayer, faith that God would get me through, and the fast hands on response of my awesome midwife that immediately put me on antibiotics. Once that cleared, I started feeling better. Once 20 weeks came, I was feeling like a million bucks!

Now, not so much. I can tell my body has reached the third and final trimester considering my bubbly energy has taken a nose dive. I feel fatigued all the time just as I did in my first trimester.


Other symptoms:


Cramps/Braxton Hicks: I spoke with my midwife today and told her I'm not sure about the difference since I've had cramps the whole pregnancy. But lately they've become a lot stronger and less consistent. So she told me its most likely braxton hicks and to keep monitoring it for a consistent pattern.


Heartburn: I think I found what triggers it off and learned to stay away from it. Definitely no spices. My husband made chilli a couple weeks ago and it gave me heartburn like there was no tomorrow! My remedy for this was drinking warm milk and now refrain from trigger foods and I always sleep with my head propped up on pillows now.


Fatigue: I mentioned this already, but words can't express how sleepy I have become


Frequent Urination: I'm waking up every 2 hours to rush to the bathroom! This adds to the fatigue part. Smh


Weird dreams: I've had some strange dreams lately. Some that has given me weird chills just thinking about it. I will leave it like that.


This weeks highlights:



  • I got my maternity photos done! And they came out great! How exciting!







  • My detective work came through and I found out when my baby shower is. Gotta love the ones that can't keep a secret!



  • Results from my Glucose test came back and I learned that I am borderline! So a shift in diet is my priority! With 10 more weeks to go, I don't need any more issues starting! So I am scheduled for a repeat test, just a blood draw, in 2 weeks. Hopefully it comes back with better results .



  • Created my birth plan and it is now in my chart. Next on list is to pack my hospital bag!


Anyone else have exciting news or similar symptoms and stories, please share below!




XoXo
Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment

Moto

Moto