Friday, March 28, 2014

The Guiltless Working Mom

Dear Working Mommies:

   So you have a baby, your maternity leave is over, and now the scary decision becomes all to real: should I stay home with my child, or continue working? The decision you choose to make can cause some women around you to look down on you. Both decisions have always caused a huge debate in the mothering world. Is there a right or wrong decision?

I know a small group of women that are able to stay at home and care for their children. That's such a great thing to be able to do. Let's face it, as moms, we don't think anyone can do it better than US! But for some women, their family may not be able to. In a rising economic crisis, this world has been slammed dunked with more and more women that have no choice but to work outside the home.  And its a hard but encouraging sacrifice for a mom to make. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe any women should become a workaholic! Their family should be their first priority! And as long as a woman remembers that and makes it her life Moto, all is well.

Anyone that knows me will tell you my desire is to do what's best for my children. And I know that my husband and I can provide so much more if the two us are working. Although it makes a moms job a lot more challenging to work outside the home and be there for her children, its a challenge worth fighting. Some women would argue that you'd miss out on so much. Quite frankly, with the worlds ever growing technology, its hard to miss anything now a days. Although you're not going to be physically there to see your baby first walk, or crawl, or even speak, you can have their caregiver capture it on film or if you have an iphone--->Face time on your break! Also, if you take into account that you won't become a workaholic and just do a basic 9-5 job, you may not miss anything when that time comes! Their "first moments" could occur when you pick them up from your caregiver, or when you're feeding them dinner in the comfort of your own home. So I think people stress on things that are "what ifs" and if you're anything like me, the what ifs can drive you mad!

I work in education and its a blessing that I do because I work weekdays during school hours and I'm off weekends, holidays, and summers! It so happens that my first baby is due the last day of school! So I will get a chance to be with my baby all summer long bonding with her everyday! Come the end of August, when school is back in session, it will be very hard for me to let go of her and get back to work! But the beauty of it is, I know my girl will be in good hands with my mom or one of my stay at home mom friends who happens to be a registered childcare worker!

So to my working moms, don't let people discourage you! Only you and your spouse know the type of financial situation you're in. And people should learn to respect that. If you have to work, its not the end of the world. God will provide ways for you to work it all out in the end if you do your part in keeping Him as the foundation of your home and keeping your family as high priority over your job. It's all about balance. Stay at home moms have to worry about balance and so do working moms! 

Being a Proverbs 31 women isn't being a weakling. Its about becoming that superwoman that God knows you can be. You can be wearing that honorable hat as a working mom or as a stay at home mom. Don't forget that! 



XoXo
Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment

Moto

Moto