
My last update on life as a new mom was at 8 weeks postpartum. And now it has been 23 weeks! Being a new mom is certainly all about juggling your time. It's been a busy few months to say the least. All in all, at 23 weeks postpartum, I'm fully recovered and as much as I remember the agonizing pain of childbirth, I can definitely think about baby #2. <But that wont be anytime soon>
Motherhood is truly the best thing you could ever dream of. By now, I feel more like a pro and not so clueless like I did when I had first brought her home from the hospital. My husband and I looked at each other and were just scratching our heads and relying on my mother to help us with EVERYTHING. But now I can say, I have the confidence I need now. My baby knows me and cries for me and its so bittersweet to know that something so small could love me so much!

At 5 months, my baby is now suffering from the terrors of teething. The poor child can be fine one moment and then turn into Chuckie the next. All understandable but at the same time, overwhelming. It's also heartbreaking to know that nothing you do could stop the teeth from breaking in. My husband did find a great product that seems to really help her. Its a new product from the product line Earths Best. Its a non medicated teething gel that has different ingredients such as peppermint, chamomille, etc. When I put this on her gums when she's in one of her Godzilla moods, she seems to calm down almost instantly. And if one of her episodes are at night when shes completely restless, she'd fall asleep within 5 minutes after it's use. I definitely don't leave home without it now.
Teething is a difficult time to get through but the most daunting task is trying to manage your time with your new life. Making time for friends, setting aside time for bible study, or even making time for you and your spouse to have some alone time. It's all difficult to schedule with a baby who is still totally dependent on you. I can't count how many times I'd have a whole day planned and nothing gets done because my baby needed me. It's difficult. But well worth it. Being a parent has truly taught me some valuable lessons: a different aspect of love, being less selfish, and it helps me understand a lot of the hard decisions my parents made regarding me and my siblings. What's interesting is that I feel like having a baby definitely strengthened my relationship with my parents. They are God sent. <3
It has now been 2 months since I've been back at work, and every day I am away from her, just kills me! But like I said in my "The guiltless working mom" article, we live in a world where the economy calls for a 2 person income household. I look at it as, I'm giving my baby the best by working. My husband and I will be able to provide so much more for her than with just one income. So that keeps me going! It's still pretty hard to leave her but what makes it that much easier is the fact that I know she's with caregivers that love her almost as much as I do. That gives me the comfort I need to keep going.
For all you new moms out there, keep strong! Yes it seems overwhelming for the first couple of months, but it does get better. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment