Sunday, July 20, 2014

8 weeks postpartum update

I had my last and final checkup today with my midwife and team. It's a bittersweet feeling to know that I will no longer see them until I have my next baby if I decide to go this route again. Over these past few months, I grew attached to the many smiling and encouraging faces at The Birth Place. They truly made this whole experience easier. From start to finish, I've just had one complicated pregnancy, so it was nice to have a team of medical professionals that knew what they were doing and took every precaution necessary. I'll miss them for now!

On a great note, I had my "V" exam and it looks like I'm finally healed and closed up. There is slight tenderness but for the most part, I'm healed. I was given the green light to resume my normal activities but easing in to them. Glad to know that after these long 8 weeks, I can finally feel somewhat normal again. Of course, I will never be as normal as I was pre-pregnancy. Everything has changed, my body, my emotions, responsibilities, etc. So this is my New normal. 

Symptoms/feelings this week:

I pretty much have no new symptoms. Basically the same as my 6 week postpartum update. The most prominent are: 

Fatigue
Nipple soreness (getting better)

(One symptom I don't miss in pregnancy that I haven't felt since my big D day is the heartburn! I can eat bountifully and not worry about sleepless nights with my throat on fire. Thank God for that!!!!)

By this week, I'm feeling more confident in motherhood. It's like a piece of cake now. I'm looking forward to the many memories I will share with my little girl. She has already gotten so big. It seems just like yesterday I was in the hospital and had no clothes for her to wear since she was so tiny. My mom ran to the store and bought preemie clothes for her to wear. She no longer fits in them nor does she fit in her newborn diapers anymore. She's no longer considered a newborn. It just racks my brain how fast they grow. I got to enjoy these times with her because YES! It goes so fast. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Moto

Moto