After 6 months postpartum, you realize the amount of energy that
is exerted with being a mom. Yoga pants and t-shirts become your ultimate best
friend. You start to hate seeing mirrors and scales because you still feel unsexy
about all the extra weight you've put on. Although it's been a few months after
the baby's arrival, you still notice the unsolved issue of your pre-pregnancy
clothes still not able to fit perfectly like before. You may not feel
completely energized to want to glam yourself up on a day to day basis anymore,
that's even if your little one even gives you the chance to :-)
I know all to well everything described. I put on about 15 pounds in my pregnancy. It's not a lot compared to most women but it's enough to change the difference in your overall appearance. And it's so hard trying to manage and juggle your time between time for baby, your spouse, work, if you work outside the home, maintaining a tidy home, getting much needed sleep, and now on top of that, trying to exercise off the baby weight. I'm not going to lie, my exercise life has been nearly non existent. I'm just too exhausted!
(Goal # 1:
I won't feel 100% until I can get the extra weight off. So my
goal this week is to start exercising and make it a goal to stick to it no
matter how exhausted I become. I'll need YOU to be my personal cheerleaders!)
Sometimes, you just want to do a little something
to doll yourself up and make yourself feel alive and beautiful again. I find it
interesting that without even noticing, I've been wearing more makeup than I
ever had, at least since high school. Before the baby, I'd occasionally wear
eyeliner on my lower lids and NOW I've found myself adding eyeliner to the top
and bottom lids and also adding some mascara. And when I really want to go all
out, I'd add some eye shadow and maybe a lipstick. Talk about completely night
and day. My mom commented on the change she's noticed in me.
I recently also felt the urge to chop off some of my long locks.
I wanted just a trim, but to see how uneven my hair really was and to get all
the dead ends off, it required a lot more hair to be snipped then planned. But
it definitely came out well.
I've noticed new moms seem to do makeovers after the baby bump.
My conclusion is that these small changes seem to be the trend in new moms
probably because we want to feel beautiful again. I'm tired of people seeing me
as another exhausted new mom who can't seem to lose the fat because YES! - I had people comment on my belly fat.
->How rude! I guess my
main goal is to help myself feel beautiful again. I know that
I am beautiful and I definitely don't agree that makeup defines beauty, but it
can help in enhancing the beauty that's already there. (I think it's doing the
trick!) And for such a hectic and exhausting lifestyle, you definitely need a
little enhancing pick me up.
What do you think? Have you
made any changes to your look post bump?


No comments:
Post a Comment