Thursday, May 1, 2014

"Top Three and Symptom Free"


I thought I'd share some of my favorite products out there that I've tried during this long journey that has helped in easing some of my pregnancy symptoms!


1. Preggie Pops

These come in a variety of different flavors like lemonade, ginger, lavender, and peppermint. I was skeptical to try them but once I gave them a shot, I was amazed at how well it helped. I'd grab a pop as soon as I started to feel nauseous and just kept it in my mouth until it almost dissolved! (I wanted to make sure I got every bit of it.) Before I even got halfway through, my nausea was pretty much gone. I started buying a couple packs at a time during my first and second trimesters! These were life savers. I give this product an A+++. There are different brands out there, but the specific one I used were Three Lollies from Babies R Us and it retails at $2.99.



2. Organic Badger Headache Soother

This product was recommended by a friend of mine. It comes in a small 1oz tin and its scent provides an aromatherapy which helps to relax you. You apply it to your pulse points and just allow the ointment to do it’s magic. I would actually massage it in and keep massaging for a few minutes. (The pressure and the ointment felt really good). I had a lot of headaches in my first trimester and I am not a fan of popping pills even though Tylenol is considered safe. I rather try other avenues first before taking medicine and this remedy worked for me.
I got this from Cracker Barrel in the gift shop. I don't remember the price but online it runs to about $6-7. 



3. Medela Maternity Support Belt

For my last trimester, my midwife actually suggested I wear one of these to help with the heavy load and keep the pressure off my back. I couldn’t tell the difference until I went to work one day without it on and I had a lot of pelvic and lower back pain by the end of the day. So wearing this product actually helped me relieve the pressure. Only thing is, if you're basically sitting down the majority of the time, you can definitely start to feel uncomfortable. I like to wear this product when I'm up and about. Thats when you have the most pressure anyway. This product I also got from Babies R us for $25.99.


If you are experiencing any of these common symptoms in your pregnancy, I definitely recommend you try these out and see if it helps you like it did me. 

Let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moto

Moto