Friday, April 11, 2014

Pregnancy Scares

I know every pregnancy is different. For all of us that are pregnant with baby number one, it's kind of hard to relate to anything. It's like you're a deer caught in the headlights not knowing what's the norm or what to expect.

I reached 32 weeks today. Hip hip hooray! I had my bi weekly checkup and was given the scare of my life when the Doula checked the position of my little girl and realized her head was already positioned low down in my pelvis. No wonder I've had low back pain this week! 

When measuring my belly size, I had lost circumference measurements by two sizes since Jules was so low. This concerned her but because I had no other symptoms of preterm labor, she thought I'd be fine. She wanted me to do an ultrasound to get the actual measurements of Jules to make sure she's making weight and growing properly. I already had one scheduled for other reasons in the next couple of weeks so she let me go.

I ended up leaving and started heading to work to get a call from the nurse manager! She tells me she's looking over the measurements of my visit and my past numbers and it concerned her and wants me to do a stat (immediate) ultrasound right now! So I automatically start freaking out! As I'm heading to the ER, I'm thinking the worse. "What if they find the baby in distress?" Or "what if it's all my fault that she's not gaining weight due to my nutrition?" "What if I end up going preterm?"  All these questions racing through my mind! It was the scariest thing I had to deal with yet. 

Long story short, they found that Jules is weighing in lower than most at this stage but she's growing and developing on point. They think she's just petite and going to be a very skinny and tall beautiful girl. But to make sure, they want to do a repeat in 2 weeks! (Which I already had one scheduled anyway.)

I finally got out the hospital around 6 and went straight to TGIF to eat since I was literally starved all day! I think it should be against the law to withhold food from a pregnant women. From all the excitement, my stress, and my starvation, I think I would of needed a bed overnight because by 6, I literally felt like I was going to pass out! Thank God that everything was fine and that Jules just wanted some special attention today. 

She sure got it!

Here are some photos from my ultrasound today:

Julie's face (above) and profile (below)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moto

Moto