Monday, January 30, 2017

Mommy Mondays

As much as any women loves being a mom and being around their kids, it's still so important that we embrace the solo times and do something just for us. Everyday life is revolved around your children that we seem to get lost in the mix of it all. So today I wanted to start Mommy Mondays so it could be a reminder to myself to remember to do something just for me. Being a mom is such a selfless way of life, so pointing to yourself may seem like a guilty pleasure, but I'm learning, it's so important that we as moms have a time out like this. I don't do anything extravagant. Just a five minute time alone in the bathroom would suffice for me. (Because we all know, our kids follow us in there too). Today, I took a long nap alone in bed. A whole queen size bed to myself  and I plan on having my husband take the bedtime shift tonight so I can cuddle up on the couch and have some alone time to read this book I checked out from the library over 3 weeks ago and still haven't had any time to enjoy reading it.
It may not seem like much to most women, but for me, I'll eat up this moment and enjoy every minute of it. I do have plans later this week to spend some time with other moms who need some sane time. We've planned an official Moms night out! It's very much needed from time to time. 😀 So that should be fun. And you know, I think I'll have a drink or two. I am breastfeeding but I plan to just pump the milk after I drink and just dump it. 😱 A waste right, but I don't want to take any chances.

What would you like to do for your Mommy Monday? What have you done in the past just for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moto

Moto