Saturday, August 13, 2016

Oh Baby!

A few short months ago, my husband and I decided it was time to start trying for another baby. And to my amazement, after one month of trying, I got a surprise positive on the next months pregnancy test! You read right, we're having another baby!


I am now well into my 2nd trimester and am noticing how much different this pregnancy is from my first. The biggest difference is that in this pregnancy, I still feel tired all the time where as in my first pregnancy, I felt like I had a burst of energy when I entered my 2nd trimester. This time around, however, since I am chasing around a toddler, there doesn't seem to be much bursting. My little girl is now 2 and is experiencing her moments of testing the waters and being an adventurous little sponge. She soaks up and responds to everything she sees. Shes not quite old enough to understand the concept of a new baby joining the family but soon enough, she will get it. 


 Also, in this pregnancy, I've had difficulty with obtaining many bacterial infections in which I'd have no symptoms for. I got a culture done and then got the call a few days later that it came back positive for infection. So pretty much my whole 1st trimester, I've battled with this and tried getting it out my system without having to continue to take antibiotics over and over. This was like a super bug that just wouldn't die. After the recommendations of my midwife, I finally knocked it out! I switched my soap to ivory, changed laundry detergents, started taking a probiotic daily, drink water, and started doing apple cider vinegar splashes. I've noticed that this vinegar is a remedy for a lot of different things! Amazing! 
The baby and I are on target and I'm growing like never before. I was nervous that Id have the same issues with growth restriction like I had with my little girl but all seems to be going in another direction. Which is good! I was cleared by a high risk physician to be able to deliver at the birthing center. I am praying this time around, I actually get to deliver there and not have to be sent to the hospital. 

At 24 weeks, I have gained 13 pounds and am experiencing the occasional back ache, fatigue, and the dreaded heartburn. This last symptom hit home a little early this time around but that could be due to all the tomato based foods I've been craving and eating! And since I work 3 nights a week, I found myself sipping on a little caffeine to try to keep myself awake. A big no no, especially since I started reacting to it. Caffeine and tomato based products are out the window. 

My midwife stated that Papaya actually helps with heartburn. And it could help better than milk does for me. So I'm definitely going to try that and write a review to let you know how it works. 

In the next month, I'll be taking the glucose test. It's a bit nerve racking because with my first, My results came back borderline. With so many differences between the two, I definitely pray I don't end up failing. 

Gender reveal:



That's right, my daughter will be a big sister to a little boy! We are super excited and can't wait for the arrival of little baby Logan! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moto

Moto